Please go to the ERF website to submit your application
The Extensive Reading Foundation is pleased to announce its scholarship programme for the Second Extensive Reading World Congress, to be held in Seoul, Korea from the 13th to the 15th of September, 2013.
Scholarships will provide transportation (capped at $1000 USD) and lodging for 3 nights, a smallper diem, (or combination thereof) as well as a fee waver for the conference. Applications are welcome from anyone conforming to the criteria set forth below.
• Qualifications: Actively using an Extensive Reading or Extensive Listening approach in the classroom, or doing research thereof.
• Residence: Anyone residing in a country that is not on the World Bank’s list of “High Income Economies“. (See list below.)
• Finances: Those who could not afford to attend the congress without financial aid (self-declared).
• Willingness to participate in one of several planned panel discussions concerning the problems and successes of extensive reading/listening in your teaching/learning environment. There is no requirement to have an accepted paper. Scholarship holders are expected to be present for the full two days of the congress.
The following documents must be submitted:
2. A “Statement” outlining,
• What problems you see in extending the use of ER/EL in your own teaching/learning environment as well as your country as a whole.
4. An estimate of the total cost of transportation from the airport nearest your home to Korea, to either the Incheon (ICN) or Gimpo (SEL) airports near Seoul. The conference is committed to bringing scholars from all areas of the world, but since funds are limited, the cost of transportation will be a factor in the decision, particularly when there are multiple applications from the same region. Please include travel agent contact details for an itinerary of 7 days or less excluding hotel costs, which will be arranged by the ERWC2 committee.
Deadline for submissions: All documents including the recommendation must be submitted by midnight, May 15, 2013, Japan time.
Notification of results: June 15, 2013.
• Enter the Scholarship page with the enrolment key. (If you do not know this, contact email@example.com and identify yourself (name, school, location) and you will be provided with the key.)
• You will find links there for you to upload your CV, your statement and your travel cost estimate. Make sure that your name is part of each document’s name and that your name appears at the top of each document that you upload.
Please submit all documents in English.
- *Applications are not accepted from residents of:Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, The, Bahrain, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hong Kong SAR, China, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Rep., Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macao SAR, China, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Qatar, Portugal, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan*, Trinidad and Tobago, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States.*Not a World Bank member economy, so added based on other indicators.”High Income Economies” determined in accordance to data from The World Bank — countries with a GNI (Gross National Income) of $15,000 (USD) or greater.